AMD Proprietary Linux Release Notes
Ci sono ancora delle cose da risolvere, come il problema di Xv e le prestazioni di XRandR, tuttavia sembra che siano stati riconosciuti come bug e verranno risolti nei prossimi rilasci. Inoltre i driver vanno ancora un po’ “a fortuna”: ho sentito molti utenti dire di essere completamente soddisfatti di questa release e altri a cui non parte nemmeno X.
- Web Content
- ATI Workstation Product Support
- ATI Mobility™ and Integrated Product Family Support
- ATI Desktop and Integrated Product Family Support
- Operating Systems Distributions Supported
- System Requirements
- New Features
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
- Installing the AMD Proprietary Linux Software Driver
- Driver Update Notification
- AMD Customer Care
- Linux Feedback Program
Note: Refer to the minimum system requirements listed below to ensure you have downloaded the correct driver package for your system.
The ATI Catalyst™ Linux software suite is designed to support the following ATI Workstation products:
The ATI Catalyst™ Linux software suite is designed to support the following ATI Mobility™ products:
The ATI Catalyst™ Linux software suite is designed to support the following ATI desktop products:
Note: All-In-Wonder™ variants based on the above are also supported. Video capture however is not supported.
Note: Software driver support for ATI FireGL™, Integrated, Mobility™ and Desktop products prior to the Radeon™ 9500 is available from ati.com
Operating Systems Distributions Supported
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux suite
- Novell/SuSE product suite
Note: The ATI Catalyst™ Linux software suite may install on a number of other Linux distributions. Refer to the Package Generation installation instructions for more information.
Note: AMD has accepted contributed packaging scripts to allows creation of other packages, but does not necessarily test, verify or warrant the reliability. Currently Red Hat Enterprise Linux suite and Novell/SuSE product suite are supported Linux distributions
- XOrg 6.7, 6.8, 6.9, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 or 7.3
- Linux Kernel 2.6 and above
- glibc version 2.2 or 2.3
- POSIX Shared Memory (/dev/shm) support is required for 3D applications
The ATI Catalyst™ Linux software suite no longer provides precompiled Kernel Modules; all installations require GCC compiler and kernel-headers or kernel-source in order to enable 2D and 3D acceleration.
- Kernel module build environment - should include the following:
- The rpm utility should be installed and configured correctly on your system, if you intend to install via RPM packages
- Corruption will no longer be noticed in the lower right corner of the display or on the mouse pointer after the system is running for a long period of time
- Connecting a display device that supports 1680x1050 to a system running Linux will no longer result in a maximum display resolution of 1280x1024 only being available
- Custom mode lines in xorg.conf will no longer be ignored by the fglrx driver
- Suspending to RAM or DISK on kernel version 2.6.23 or later no longer fails
- On workstation hardware 3D applications will be corrupted if the screen width is not an integer multiple of 64 pixels, for example with a 1680x1050 wide screen display. Further details can be found in topic number 737-31720
- There is no support for video playback on the second head in dual head mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-26985
- Desktop corruption may be noticed when dragging the overlay/video when using dual-display mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29578
- A black screen may be observed on some hardware when switching to the console or leaving the X window system when a Vesa framebuffer console driver is used. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30687
- Display flicker may be noticed when the gnome screen-saver starts
- Diagonal tearing may be noticed when playing a video file using a video player that utilizes the XVideo extension
- Video playback may look blocky when playing a video file using a video player that utilizes the XVideo extension
- Video Playback may display wrong colors and additional shadow images when cropping or expanding a video file using a video player that utilizes the XVideo extension
- Building RPM packages for Mandriva may fail
For further information and general help on driver or software installation, game issues, and more, visit the ATI FAQ website.
Installation information can be found at: ati.amd.com/install
To receive driver notifications, add the following RSS feed to your RSS reader: http://ati.amd.com/online/rss/atilinuxdriver.rss
Note: In order to receive notifications you will need to have an RSS reader installed.
The AMD Customer Care website provides a high level of technical support and ease of navigation. The AMD Customer Care website provides accurate and up-to-date product support for optimum usability and performance. Technical issues are categorized and personalized to enhance user experience. The AMD Customer Care Website can be found at: support.ati.com
- Go to ati.amd.com. The AMD home page is displayed.
- Click on Support & Drivers. The AMD Support and Drivers web page is displayed.
- In the left hand pane, select Graphics Support.
- In the top right corner of the Graphics Support page, enter the topic number or a general discription of the issue you are experiencing within the search field.
- In the Select Site field, select ATI.
- Click the SEARCH symbol. The information requested (if available) is displayed.
The ATI Catalyst™ Linux software suite releases may incorporate suggestions received through the Linux feedback program.
Please refer to http://apps.ati.com/linuxDfeedback/ to provide us with feedback.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS". ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Ultimi post pubblicati